We ask ourselves questions almost every moment of the day. Every decision we make is an answer to a question. Every goal we set is fueled by questions.
The right questions move us closer while the wrong questions distract us.
I ask myself the following six questions at the beginning of the year to make sure I’m intentional about the direction I’m heading.
They’ve really helped me and my business so I wanted to share them with you. Set aside an hour to go through them and really figure out what you want to accomplish this year.
- What were my biggest successes in the past year?
- Why were these things successful? What did I do that worked that I can replicate?
- What mistakes did I make this past year and what can I learn from them?
- What will it take to make next year a success? In other words, write down what it will take for you to look back this same time next year and be happy with what you’ve accomplished.
- What projects and processes need to be put into place to make these goals happen?
- What mindset shifts do I need to change to make these goals happen? What do I need to approach or think about differently? What is holding me back?
Remember you don’t have to start from scratch; you can learn a lot from what you did during the last year. Build on what’s working and change what isn’t. Be brutally honest with yourself and share your answers with your team!